We’re in the start of Fall and that means that it is time to celebrate with the Blog Pop Team’s Fall Ball! Between September 7-9 the 7 bloggers from Blog Pop are working together to bring you some awesome giveaways! So go and check out the following blogs for some other great prizes, and remember to come back here a lot over the next few days to enter for some great prizes! The nine blogs that are a part of the Fall Ball include:
|Quick Tattletails||Still Blonde After all These years||Dad of Divas||Momma Told Me|
|Turning the Clock Back||My Life with Rats and More||Confessions of an Overworked Mom|
My next giveaway is Below!
About the DVD
Disney Junior’s newest hit animated TV series geared to kids ages 2-7, “Doc McStuffins,” was available for the first time ever on Disney DVD and Digital Copy, August 21, 2012. Sure to become a fan favorite with parents and kids alike, “Doc McStuffins: Friendship Is The Best Medicine” includes a DVD featuring five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, a Digital Copy of the episodes – perfect for kids to watch anytime, anywhere – and also comes packaged with Doc’s special Big Book of Boo-Boos with fun activities plus character and boo-boo bandage stickers.
The characters and themes featured in “Doc McStuffins” are all made to be relatable to young viewers and are designed to ease kids’ trepidations about everything from a doctor’s visit to removing a splinter. Many of the stories directly address the kinds of issues that parents face with their young children when it comes to good health, hygiene and trips to the doctor’s office. It’s the perfect series to have on-hand and add to your home entertainment collection.
The lovable characters in the series are voiced by Kiara Muhammad as Doc; Loretta Devine as Hallie; Lara Jill Miller as Lambie; Robbie Rist as Stuffy; Jess Harnell as Chilly; Jaden Betts as Donny McStuffins; Kim Brooks as Mom McStuffins; and Gary Anthony Williams as Dad McStuffins. The series’ theme song is performed by the star of Disney Channel’s hit series “A.N.T. Farm” and Hollywood Records recording artist, China Anne McClain. Created and executive-produced by Humanitas Prize and Emmy® Award-winning Chris Nee (writer on “Little Bill” and producer of “Deadliest Catch: Crab Fishing in Alaska”) and directed by Emmy® Award-winning Norton Virgien (“Rugrats”), “Doc McStuffins” is a production of Academy Award® nominated Brown Bag Films (Best Animated Short Film “Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty” in 2010) in association with Disney Channel. The Hollywood Health & Society division of the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center serves as the series’ health and medical consultants, advising on basic health issues that are relevant to young kids and families.
EPISODES FEATURED ON THE DVD:
The DVD contains five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, that highlight some of Doc’s favorite toys.
- ENGINE NINE, FEELIN’ FINE! - Doc and her toys learn a lesson about dehydration after discovering that Donny’s toy fire engine has run out of water.
- THE RIGHT STUFF - Stuffy rips his tail and tries to hide it from Doc and the other toys and learns that anyone can get hurt – even brave dragons.
- CAUGHT BLUE-HANDED – When a mysterious rash of blue spots breaks out among some of the toys in the clinic, Doc traces the “Mystery Pox” back to Donny’s toy monster, Glo-Bo who had been finger-painting earlier in the day and forgot to wash his hands. Glo-Bo is voiced by Jim Belushi.
- TO SQUEAK, OR NOT TO SQUEAK – Doc helps a plastic toy duck get his voice back after his squeaker pops out.
- BEN/ANNA SPLIT! - When Doc’s huggy monkey doll Ben loses the velcro patch that attaches him to his sister Anna, Doc glues it back on and tells him that he will have to stay in the clinic overnight while it dries.
- THAT’S JUST CLAW-FUL - Doc prescribes physical therapy for her crab bath toy Hermie after she reattaches one of his claws that has fallen off.
- THE RIP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD - While dancing with Lambie, Doc accidentally rips a hole in her fur.
- WALKIE-TALKIE TIME - Doc diagnoses a toy walkie-talkie with “Staticosis” and helps find his missing antenna so he can communicate clearly again.
- DARK KNIGHT - During a sleepover with all of her toys, Doc discovers that Sir Kirby is afraid of the dark and prescribes a night light to cure him of the “Dark Willies.”
- HALLIE GETS AN EARFUL - When Hallie is having trouble hearing, Doc gives her a hearing test and realizes that she has extra cotton stuck in her ears.
My Take on the DVD
My youngest daughter loves Doc McStuffins and she watches this almost every day. This is a great collection of the first season’s episodes that will keep my daughter asking for more for the foreseeable future. What I love about the series is the fact that each episode has great messages about friendship, caring, and so much more which are all things that I want my daughters to learn about. The DVD was so entertaining and I have to say that any person who is already a fan will want this for their DVD collection, and if you have not seen it yet, I highly encourage the show for any pre-school age child, as (at least in my case) my daughter and I would give it two thumbs up!
I also encourage you to enter any of the other Blog Pop giveaways below
Make sure you comment separately for each task after the required entry task so you will get credit for each one ~ and leave your e-mail where you can be contacted.
This contest will run until September 16, 2012 at approximately 11:59 pm Eastern.
Winner must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.
As required by the FTC: Blog POP! received no monetary compensation for this post. All opinions expressed are those of the writer’s alone.
THE FINE PRINT: All entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Please read each giveaway’s directions carefully as entry methods may differ, and giveaways may be open to different world areas. Please make sure you leave a way (valid email address) with your entries to be contacted if you win. Please note that Dad of Divas, Blog POP! or the Blog POP! bloggers are not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner. The sponsors, in most cases, are shipping their items to you directly. We will make every effort to assist you obtaining your prize. If there is an issue with a sponsor please notify the blog you won a prize from within 30 days for assistance, after that we may be unable to assist you. Good luck!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site’s Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com