About the Books
A Charles Dickens Devotional features some of Dickens’ brightest gems: Great Expectations, A Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist, and A Christmas Carol, all of which are richly woven stories brimming with the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Add in the topical devotionalthoughts and you have an abundance of insight and guidance for faithful readers.
Short excerpts from Austen’s classics are featured in A Jane Austen Devotional:Northanger Abbey, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion, Mansfield Park, and Emma. Austen’s devotional also includes a daily thought and Scripture that meaningfully translates to women’s everyday lives. Time and time again, Austen shows us through her words what love truly is, a love built on action, character, and honor.
My Take on the Books
Both of these books were beautifully crafted and for those of you that use devotionals on a daily basis, you will find these books to be great additions for your regimen. What I loved about both books were the short passages that you are able to easily follow and reflect on that are tied back to the writings of the author in question. The authors of these books did a superb job at connecting both spiritual reflection with the writings of such powerful writers. I found myself transfixed in the reading of the books and it opened my eyes and my mind to the ideas that were being presented. I highly recommend both of these books for any and all who enjoy using devotionals as they are different than others that I have used in the past, but in saying that, I also say that they are well written and that the tie to well known writers assist you in staying connected to the spiritual teachings that are also being shared!
- Blog about my Giveaway by linking back to this post (1 entries per blog post. Please leave each entry in separate comments with your URL link in order for it to count)
- Grab my badge to your sidebar
<a href=”http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/”><img src=”http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk235/lewisca3/DadofDivasButton1.jpg” /></a>
- Subscribe to the Dad of Divas Reviews Site
- Follow me on Twitter (@dadofdivas) (leave username in comment)
- Share this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any forum, including the name of the prize and a link to this post. Here I’ll make it easier on you, copy and paste this:” @dadofdivas Book Review & Giveaway – A Charles Dickens & Jane Austen Devotional by @thomasnelson #win #books - http://dadofdivas.com/giveaway ” (Then leave the link to your post. One entry per place per day)
- Like Dad of Divas on Facebook (Leave username in comment)
Make sure you comment separately for each task after the required entry task so you will get credit for each one ~ and leave your e-mail where you can be contacted.
This contest will run until January 3, 2012 at approximately 11:59 pm Eastern.
Winner must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site’s Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com